FLOOD DEFENCE OPERATIONS PLAN FOR THE TREBISNJICA RIVER BASIN DISTRICT IN THE REPUBLIKA SRPSKA
Protection from detrimental effects of water includes activities and measures to reduce or prevent risk to people and property and minimize consequences.
This includes protection against floods and ice on watercourses, erosion and flash floods, and measures to eliminate the consequences of sudden pollution of water caused by floods.
Plans of active flood protection, i.e. Flood Defence Operations Plans (FDOP), are developed in order to implement flood and ice protection measures at times of immediate danger from flood flows and during floods, and for elimination of the consequences of floods.
The Institute for Water Management signed the Contract (No. 12/8.02-3254-13/17) for development of ‘Flood Defence Operations Plan (FDOP) for the Trebisnjica River Basin District in the Republika Srpska’.
- The Contract was signed on 16.08.2017;
- The deadline for the development of the document is 180 calendar days;
- The first presentation was held on 12.10.2017 to introduce stakeholders to the goals of developing a FDOP;
- Draft version was submitted on 26.12.2017 to agree the details of the plan with the flood defence stakeholders who continuously work with the representatives of the PI ‘Vode Srpske’, HPP Trebinje, MTPP Gacko, Civil Protection and local administrations;
- The final version of the Flood Defence Operations Plan is currently being agreed.
The area covered by the Plan (Trebisnjica River Basin District) includes the Trebisnjica and Neretva river basins in the Republika Srpska. It covers a surface area of 4,058km2 and is located in the south-east of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Of this surface area, 1,980km2 or 48.8% belongs to the Trebisnjica basin and 2,078km2 or 51.2% to the Neretva basin
The area includes the following municipalities: Trebinje, Bileca, Ljubinje, Berkovici, Nevesinje, East Mostar, and parts of the municipalities of Gacko and Kalinovik.
CONTENTS OF THE PLAN
I GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND STARTING POINTS;
II EXISTING FLOOD PROTECTION CONCEPT;
III MAPS AND DATA:
- Hydrological maps and data;
- Geodetic maps and data;
IV AREA OF THE FLOOD DEFENCE OPERATIONS PLAN;
V ORGANISATION, OBLIGATIONS AND START OF THE REGULAR AND EMERGENCY FLOOD DEFENCE;
VI TECHNICAL MEASURES OF FLOOD CONTROL;
VII FLOOD DEFENCE OPERATIONS PLAN FOR THE TREBISNJICA RIVER BASIN DISTRICT;
VIII DIVISION OF FLOOD AREAS AND FLOOD DEFENCE STRUCTURES BY SECTORS AND SECTIONS;
IX FINAL CONCLUSIONS;
ORGANISATION, OBLIGATIONS, START OF THE REGULAR AND EMERGENCY FLOOD DEFENCE
- Organisation of active flood defence;
- Obligations, rights and responsibilities of participants in the implementation of the active flood defence;
- Obligations and responsibilities of the PI ‘Vode Srpske’;
- Duties, powers and responsibilities of the Chief Flood Defence Officer and the Deputy Chief Flood Defence Officer;
- Obligations and responsibilities of the District Flood Defence Officer and the Deputy District Flood Defence Officer;
- Obligations and responsibilities of the Sector Flood Defence Officer and the Deputy Sector Flood Defence Officer;
- Obligations and responsibilities of the Section Flood Defence Officer;
- Obligations and responsibilities of legal and natural persons that are users of reservoirs with provided flood storage;
- Role of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management;
- Obligations of the Republic Hydrometeorological Institute;
- Obligation to carry out protection and safety measures in and under water;